- Race dribbling 15-20 meters.
- Race running in a slalom (moving in and out of cones) while dribbling.
- Relay races and dribbling races.
- Competition jumping, keeping rhythm.
- Timed shooting competition: see how many shots can be made in a certain period of time. Lower rings may need to be used with young athletes, or a “goal” may include hitting the ring or hitting the net.
- Timed passing (2, 3, 4, 5 players in teams): see how many passes can be made in a certain period of time. Initially do without defence and then add a defensive team. Emphasise players stopping as they catch the ball.
- Timed simple circuits running around the court. Progress to performing various dribbling moves, changes of direction etc. as part of the circuit.
- Dribble and jump at same time.
- Relay races in pairs: “wheelbarrow” (hold onto partner’s thighs as they “walk” on their hands).
- Jump inside and outside of a circle.
- High jump, long jump, jump backwards, low jump.
- Throw ball forwards, backwards, sideways, sitting down, kneeling down, lying on back, lying on tummy.