(English) Level 2
- Reflect on a particular skill (either an individual or team skill).
- How did you learn that skill (as a player)?
- How did you first learn to teach that skill?
- Reflect upon how you now teach that skill and the extent to which it has been influenced by factors other than how you were taught.
- Discuss with another coaching colleague how they teach the skill – are there any differences?
- Choose 2 or 3 training sessions that you delivered recently. How “game-realistic” were each of the activities that you used? If upon reflection you believe some were not “game-realistic”, how well does your team perform those skills in games?
- Discuss with a coaching colleague from another sport what steps they take when they want to alter a player’s technique. Discuss any discrepancy in approach from what you would do.
- Review a recent practice plan. How would you alter the activities having now read the article on skill acquisition?