- Discuss with a coach from another sport (that competes in “league play”):
- What tactics do they want in place before the season starts;
- Do they introduce tactics during the season;
- How do they ensure their team is performing at its best at the end of the season.
- What records do you keep after a game? Do they help you to prepare the next time you play that team? Discuss with other coaching colleagues their approach.
- What goals would you set a junior team when they are playing an opponent that beat them by 30 points earlier in the season? What goals would you use if your team beat an upcoming opponent by 30 points earlier in the season?
- Discuss the following statement with coaching colleagues With junior teams (up to age 15) your focus should be on how they play not on changing tactics to suit particular opponents.