- How many times during a game do you think your opponents have a baseline inbounds situation at their offensive end? Have someone count the number of times in your next game – are you surprised by the result?
- How much time do you practice defending baseline inbounds plays? Do you think this is warranted with regard to how many times they happen in a game? Discuss this with a coaching colleague.
- Do you have a particular structure for your teams to defend when it is a late shot clock?
- What is your preferred way to defend baseline inbounds situations? Does it depend upon your opponent?
- At what point in a game would you instruct your team to foul the opposition so that they were given free throws?
- Assume you were 20 points down during a game and you made some substitutions. Your substitutes got the margin back to two points, with three minutes to play. Do you keep them in or return to your starting players? Discuss your view with a coaching colleague. What other factors might influence your decision?