- How do you vary Receivers Principles when the team is playing with a post player?
- Discuss with your players
- What cues should a perimeter player consider when they have the ball;
- What cues should a perimeter player that does not have the ball consider? Did the players identify all relevant cues?
- Watch a colleague’s team play a game and assess their ability to pass the ball to create open shot opportunities. Discuss with the coach:
- How the team practices creating open shots;
- What changes could be made at practice to improve their passing;
- What understanding do the players have of how to create opportunities?
- At practice, set up a contested half court activity and instruct your offensive players to focus on moving split line defenders from the split line. What methods did they use?