- Ask your players whether or not they think they are “fit” in regards to basketball. Do you agree with their assessment?
- Discuss with a coaching colleague what activities can be used to develop fitness for basketball within the context of a training session (i.e. not separate fitness sessions).
- Reflect upon your last five practice sessions. Did they reflect the type of physical exertion that players are likely to undergo in a game?
- Have your players weigh themselves immediately before and after training. This should be done in private, as the players should be in their underwear. Have them tell you whether they lost weight during the session? If they did, it is an indication that they did not drink enough water!
- Do your player’s warm up and warm down adequately? What could you do to improve what they do?
- Ask someone to attend one of your practices specifically to fill up water bottles for each player. Get them to record how much each player drinks – is it enough?